nVoq Incorporated focuses on making workflow more efficient for knowledge workers who need to interact with a computer as part of their regular duties. Headquartered in Boulder, CO, we offer a unique cloud-based solutions platform combining leading edge speech recognition with powerful end-user automations capabilities. Our solutions offerings include the SayIt dictation client application for PC, Mac, Android and iOS as well as the Agent Assist desktop automations toolkit for contact centers. We also offer a robust API toolkit for developers seeking to incorporate speech into their applications.
Currently, nVoq’s business focus is the Healthcare and Contact Center verticals in North America. The Healthcare vertical is exclusively channel-based leveraging a wide network of HIT resellers and ISV partnerships, including EHRs and specialty application vendors. In 2018 nVoq became an OEM supplier to Dolbey Systems for front-end (real time) speech recognition. Later this year we anticipate adding full back end medical transcription support for Dolbey and for other medical transcription vendors– this has been an area of pent-up demand waiting for cultivation. The Contact Center vertical historically has utilized a direct sales engagement model at one large anchor client where organic growth has resulted in thousands of users, but now seeks to expand its business outside of that client mainly through channel relationships for sales and service delivery.
GENERAL DUTIES AND EXPERIENCE
The Vice President, Platform Sales (VPPS) is a newly created position responsible for driving sales performance for the nVoq solutions platform in support of the Company’s aggressive growth plan. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, who resides in the Seattle area, the VPPS will lead recruitment, contracting and retention of channel partners, predominantly Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), as well as engagement of a selected cadre of large enterprise accounts currently targeted as direct sales opportunities. We seek a high-energy, results-driven platform sales leader with a demonstrated track record of building successful commercial engagements while consistently achieving, if not exceeding, unit growth, customer satisfaction, and profitability objectives.
The VPPS will manage a team of account executives responsible for first-line engagement of targeted ISVs and enterprise customers through the service delivery lifecycle. He/she will work closely and collaboratively with peer leaders for Customer Success, Marketing, and Industry Solutions to develop and execute go-to-market strategies for both verticals, maximizing uptake and utilization of the nVoq solutions platform within commercially viable engagements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop, maintain and execute a go-to-market strategy for platform sales including target OEM vendor and other account engagements
- Lead team of account managers in all aspects of the customer engagement lifecycle including: qualification, evaluation, contracting, onboarding and account planning.
- Serve as senior engagement lead for major nVoq account executive level relationships
- Develop and manage sales quota plans for direct reports
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly volume forecasts, revenue plan, account win/loss summary, partner scorecards and other executive reporting for CXO team
- Liaise with Executive Director, Industry Solutions and Marketing Director to coordinate joint value proposition development for verticals served, including solutions marketing activities
- Liaise with VP, Customer Success to review and monitor account service delivery activity
- Attend relevant industry trade events such as HIMSS and PACE
- Utilize social media to represent nVoq in relevant industry groups and thought leader forums
SKILL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- 15+ years of progressively responsible software sales leadership experience, preferably with an OEM-centric platform vendor organization such as Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Cisco, HP or Microsoft supporting multiple verticals. Prior experience with the Healthcare and/or contact center industry is a plus. Some combination of OEM/channel and direct enterprise sales experience is ideal, with preference for OEM/channel orientation.
- Excellent executive-level presentation and communication skills using oral/written English.
- Ability to effectively conceptualize and communicate relevant platform synergies at an executive level from a business/GTM standpoint
- Demonstrated track record of success in negotiating large-scale contracts and implementing a roster of commercially successful OEM engagements
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading a high-performing sales organization, ideally channel-focused. We seek a confident, capable player-coach who drives for results, believes in transparent communication, and enjoys mentoring his/her team as a leader.
- Familiar with SaaS business models, proposal development and contracting processes
- Team player capable of and comfortable working with a distributed virtual organization
- This position can be located anywhere in the continental US with proximity to a major airport. Travel is anticipated to be 30-40% including regular visits to the Boulder HQ office or other regional team meetings, and participation within relevant industry events.