Jobs at nVoq
Founded in 2000, nVoq offers the energy and excitement of a high growth entrepreneurial environment coupled with seasoned business leadership and mature business practices. nVoq’s leadership team has over 150 collective years of experience in companies like Microsoft, IBM, Accenture, and Starbucks. Company Founder and CEO, Charles Corfield, has a strong track record of entrepreneurial success and is dedicated to building a great place to work where people are trusted, enabled, and supported in their roles and their careers.
While we all work hard at nVoq, we also value quality time outside of the office. The Boulder area offers access to unmatched outdoor recreational opportunities – and you’ll find many of your co-workers share interests in racing, biking, skiing, and hiking. In addition, you will find nVoq is a “blame-free environment.” Mistakes get made; it’s a part of the innovation process. We learn together and we succeed together. We do, we learn, we grow…together.
nVoq offers a highly scalable voice recognition platform with automations support that speeds up workflow for improved productivity, efficiency, and quality of service. nVoq’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform minimizes time spent at the keyboard by using speech to capture dictation or to automate workflow. The Company’s solution is both HIPAA and PCI-DSS compliant, and securely converts speech into text within seconds with the highest level of accuracy.
Compensation Philosophy & Target
We want our people to feel valued for the contributions they bring and connected to the success of the company. As a result, for most roles we target market mid-point for salary after the first year. For new employees, we adjust starting compensation based on estimated capabilities and projected contributions as well as include an equity grant allowing employees to invest in the Company at a significant discount via Employee Stock Options.
We regularly conduct thorough market research based on a variety of factors to establish a competitive mid-point for each role and adjust accordingly.
Target Base Salary: $135,000/year (+/- based on capabilities)
About This Role
To help support our SaaS platform in delivering world class real-time speech recognition, you will be one of the primary owners of our public cloud operations. With a priority on automating the deployment and scaling of the infrastructure behind our SaaS application, you will help operate and maintain configuration management and cloud orchestration routines to provide a reliable and performant platform for the speech recognition service.
Interested candidates with the proper qualifications are requested to submit their resume to email@example.com, please reference “Cloud Operations Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
nVoq is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
About Your Opportunities (ie. “You will…”)
- Deliver configuration management and orchestration routines to deploy and scale applications and services in cloud environments; operate and maintain these routines in production
- Support product development teams in the delivery of continuous integration, continuous deployment, providing templates and patterns to follow to ensure code produced by product development teams can be deployed and scaled on standardized technologies and platforms
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues where the root cause is in infrastructure, environment, configuration, or deployment routines; understand when to escalate to product development teams; remediate root causes and implement preventative actions
- Participate in on-call rotation and afterhours maintenance when necessary, respond to major incidents, and participate in calls when called upon in support of initiatives and incident response
- Actively collaborate with the product, engineering, and QA teams to build automated testing and monitoring of deployments
- Revamp and continuously optimize application release cycles as production environments and product suite scales
- Apply automation where possible to reduce manual and repetitive tasks
- Architect and implement monitoring, reporting and centralized dashboarding solutions with visibility to internal and external customers
About Your Capabilities (i.e. “You have…”)
- Analyze and evaluate cloud infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, server-based and serverless architecture, database configurations) to create optimal use in various contexts
- Operate within a 24/7 SaaS environment with business-critical operations
- Evaluate analytics to establish an automated scaling framework for production systems
- Configure various instances to define appropriate use of existing and new virtual servers using configuration management technologies such as CloudFormation, Chef, and Ansible
- Generate analytics via performance monitoring tools like NewRelic/AppDynamics
- Create scripts and automation in Python, Bash, or other programming language
- Quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Troubleshoot using monitoring and logging tools such as Graylog, Elasticsearch, and Splunk in complex cloud-based environments
About What Could Set You Apart (Not Required)
- Familiarity with Azure or Google cloud services
- Execute advanced troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- In-depth knowledge of Bamboo, Jenkins, Artifactory or similar CI/CD tools
- AWS Certifications – Professional Level
About Your Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience that includes: Group medical, dental and vision, paid vacation and holidays, stock options, 401(k) plan, remote working, and tuition reimbursement.
© nVoq. All Rights Reserved.